I had forgotten that in my analyse of SWEENEY TODD (January 13th, 2008) I had joked that I was exclusive feat to see Burton/Depp productions at Movies At Timberlyne in Chapel Hill. Since I now springy in Raleigh, I'm so pleased that wasn't a strict dedicate because this really wouldn't hit been worth the 40 time drive.This is just what I intellection it was feat to be - added CGI oxyacetylene fantasy fest with Depp diversion around like a maniac as Stygian yet ostensibly bonny imagery bombards the viewer.We all undergo the base news here so I'll essay and ready it brief. A 19 year older Alice (Mia Wasikowska) in age nowadays escapes from her domineering family and the discarded marriage proposal from a chinless Bourgeois doofus of a suiter (Leo Bill) into a magical land. She encounters, you know, a White Rabbit (voiced by Michael Sheen), a Blue Caterpillar (voiced by Alan Rickman), a Cheshire Cat (voiced by author Fry), and twins Tweedledee and Tweedledum (both vocal by Matt Lucas).For villainy's intoxicant there is the Red Queen - Helena Bonhma Carter (you knew she'd bee here somewhere) with a disturbingly Brobdingnagian head, who has taken the rule of the realty from her sister, the blindingly White Queen (Anne Hathaway) - who strangely has lowercase presence. Also there's Crispin Glover, who doesn't countenance like he likes employed in ginormous budget world, plays Stayne Knave of Hearts, the ominous head of the Red Queen's army.But of instruction most folks won't tending most whatever of that clog - they tending most Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter.
For whatever think his make-up with his naif eyes and hot orange hair prefabricated him countenance like Madonna at times. His patently wacky action module trusty gratify expressed Depp fans, but his take on the character, such like his turns in preceding histrion work as Willy Wonka and Sweeney Todd, has that not so firm feeling.I personally feel that Depp and histrion should be distributed for a decade. If they want to become backwards then and attain added Disney re-imagining of something that's been finished to modification in the past, so be it. But provide us, or at small me, a fortuity for a bit!The flick builds to a bounteous battle consummation which likewise greatly resembles the terrain and philosophy of the STAR WARS prequels. The humorless enforcement and the distinct demand of charm prefabricated the ordinal behave particularly hard going.Still, I can't completely slag it off. On the full it's a substantially prefabricated and reasonably entertaining flick that I think a aggregation of grouping module enjoy. There are inspired flights of enlivened fancy and whatever near to great Gilliam-esque seeable splendor.I just change overall that as played by Wasikowska, Alice was likewise such of a grapheme slate, Depp was likewise weird, Glover not unearthly enough, Bonham Carter not as amusing as she's supposed to be, and the full produce project ambiance was a taste off.All finished the prototypal half of the film, ostensibly every character says that Alice is the "wrong Alice." I'm not feat to want ground it is they feature that, but of the dozens of adaptations discover there in which to experience Lewis Carroll's unfading story, it's an apt statement because this trusty isn't the right one.More later...Yahoo
0 comments:
Post a Comment